Translate

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Snowie's Diet Change | Prey Model Raw | 29 March 2014

Snowie's first switch to raw meal finally. Didn't expect that early but we discover Calcium Oxalate Crystals in her urine. After going through internet and the most advice is switch your dog to raw. So i did. I'm gonna try.

However, Snowie have a really sensitive stomach and get diarrhea easily. I did a mistake on her raw menu.

She's been on kibble for 10 years. My previous raw feeding experience was with Clover, and she's a robust. i should have been more careful.

That day when she have gurgling noise in her stomach. She won't eat when she have upset tummy.

Her stomach was upset starting the 3rd day. I'm always ready to wake up in the midnight for her to go poo poo. a loose poo or a soft one. Then i fix her diet with more bone content and with help of pumpkin. She finally had a solid poo on end of 2nd week.


Then i stopped giving pumpkin. thought all was well and i started giving more meat and less bone. I admit here this is my mistake. I've been giving chicken keel with so less bone. sometimes she gets to eat chicken feet as a snack. So there goes my nightmare again. Loose poop.

She was suppose to start taking beef, her second protein on the 4th week but we couldn't make it. her poo was never solid off pumpkin. I am going too fast on her.

So i buy a bottle of digestive enzyme. i should've bought it on the first day of raw. After that day with digestive enzyme she wake me every few hour in the midnight to go for poop. Mucus poo! she even puke twice in the morning. Today is the third day with digestive enzyme and her poop is starting to shape, although still soft.

The change so far that is obvious is the bad breath. She got no more stinky bad breath. i can put my nose really close to her mouth even when she's breathing hard.

She started detoxing on the 3rd week. Scratching, fur shed, tears, smelly poo. i should be happy for that. All the toxic from 10 years of kibble is starting to shed!

Hopefully  her tummy will adjust quickly with the digestive enzyme. i really want her to be on raw. It's the most natural food for dog that i believe in. She's old and i hope she can live longer.

As for her eating style. it's really cute. for the first day, she was unsure whether she can really eat it. So she's slow and i let her be.

Then it's Chicken feet, i normally hold chicken feet with my hand to feed her since it's so small and im afraid she will choke on it. After she get used to eating bone, i place it in her bowl to let her handle the feet herself. and then she'd look at me. Sometimes i'd pamper her and "ok i'll feed you". sometimes not. I say Eat it.. and she will.. although she hope i can really feed her.

I teaches her how to wait before food. i don't do that on kibble. I bought her the blue towel. So everytime when the food drop outside of towel i'd say "take it back". She will.. the towel now become her "Eating zone". i love how obedient she become.

No comments: