Translate

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Paws Mission | Visit to Shelter 1 | 16/07/11

My first visit to animal shelter. i went to old klang road with my dad to paws mission. it's located behind the temple.


i ask dad to go down but he don't want to. there's too many dog. he can't make it. so i went down myself, with clorox and shampoo in my hand. once i get down the dogs jumping on me d. and many are barking too. i  'm already get ready of getting dirty already, but din't know that fast hehe.  the uncle there told me that there's more behind the temple. so i followed him to the back.
following the narrow path and then to the shelter. and then i got into the shelter. i was so silly thought that there would have a office or something >.<


then i got in the shelter. all the dogs jump on me. they are mongrels. they are excited. and all barking at me. step on water, run here and there and i get wet. then i stood there with the clorox and shampoo in my hand. suddenly lost sight of the uncle. and found myself standing in the shelter like all other dogs haha. then i know. in this place, u just have to be easy. it's not an  interview, it's a place to keep dogs. there certainly won't have air-con office for u to give donation.



so i got my way to the door and let myself out of the dogs area first. and then uncle bring aunty kiew to me. she grab the clorox and shampoo from my hand and continue with her work. it really is a damn hard work. she never stop working, shouting to stop dogs from fighting.

it was the dog's lunch time when i got there. aunty kiew say i can take photos. so i snap few. and i help aunty kiew to feed the dogs. basically, the way of me communicating with aunty kiew is shout and shout and shout. hahah fighting to get our voice not covered by the barking noises.

u must have wondered bout aunty kiew aunty kiew who is that? let me tell you. she's short and dark and really small size. when she said she's aunty kiew, my eyes brighten up, "ur the one who appear in two issue of petster magazine". that kind lady. in the dog's world she's pretty famous for her kindhearted hard work to all the strays. she's been feeding strays for years. she's the angel :)

After feeding, petting, i gave donation and got out of the shelter. through the narrow path, back to the big space. pray in front of the temple to show some respect. and the dogs start barking and surrounding me. i kneel down to pet them. all of them come gather around me. i can see through their eyes when i pet them..that how much love they needed. i can see their happiness of my arrival, of my visit, of my palm on their head.

this is what they needed. they need so much love. they are happy enough if there's just one person there who can pet them. that can make them feel loved.

i don't feel leaving them there but i have to go. when i got in the car daddy shock and say "ee... what's that on your t-shirt" there's a dirt on my shirt. then i quickly cover my pants. cuz it's WET. and very dirty. But i have to say this, go! and experience it if u haven't. i really had a great day over there. and learnt alot.

if you'd like to know more about aunty kiew check out petster magazine past issue. ISSUE 18.

Pei Yi
16/07/11

No comments: